Tuesday, July 19, 2011

[Profiles] AnnaSophia biography


Movies

Race to Witch Mountain (2009) .... Tia

Jumper (2008).... Young Millie

Ferris Wheel (2007) .... Tara

A West Texas Children's Story (2007) .... Cassie

The Reaping (2007) .... Loren

Bridge to Terabithia (2007) .... Leslie Burke

Doubting Thomas (2006) .... Jackie Hoffman

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) .... Violet Beauregarde

Because of Winn-Dixie (2005) .... Opal

Samantha: An American Girl Holiday (2004) (TV) .... Samantha

TV Shows

Danny Phantom, episode Kindred Spirits .... Danielle Fenton (1 episode, 2006 - voice)

Drake & Josh, Number One Fan episode .... Liza (1 episode, 2004)
I started in film when I was nine years old. Before nine I had led a fairly normal life singing in my church choir, taking Irish step dance lessons, working out with my gymnastics team, going to school, playing with my friends, cousins and dog.

I've always want to act and decided when I was about eight ask my parents if I could get an agent that would help me find work. We found a local talent agency in Denver run by actors, Big Fish Talent Agency. I had a short interview with them and they invited me to join their group--people of all ages and abilities. We had workshops where we could perform, get criticism and encouragement and through my agency I booked several voice over gigs (radio) and a few commercial gigs (newspaper and magazine adds). I also joined an acting class run by Sue Coffey that Big Fish recommended where about thirty of us (ages 9 to about 40) learned the fundamentals of comedic and dramatic acting. We also learned how to slate (introduce ones self on camera for an audition) and a little about how the world of film works. At the end of this fairly intensive 6 week acting course a group of invited agents and managers from Los Angeles came out to do a final work shop with us. They also came to scout for talent they'd be interested in representing in LA. That's how it all started for me—I got scouted by Mitchell Gosset, (my agent--CESD) and my first manager, Harriet Greenspan formally with Gem Entertainment.

About three weeks later I turned my parents lives upside down as my mom and I ventured out to LA to experience our first pilot season; that time of year in LA when lots of auditions are happening for test television programs, movies and adds.

My first pilot season I had 42 auditions. At the end of it all I booked one national commercial for McDonalds, advertising their Brats Dolls in Happy Meals. I was soooo excited –nothing like that first LA gig.

The second time out my very first audition was for a movie call Because of Winn Dixie. Three months, three auditions and one screen test later I booked my first staring role in a major motion picture.

Since then I have been blessed with many wonderful roles and experiences. I have met and worked with some truly amazing and wonderful people and I have traveled all over the United States , the United Kingdom , Canada and New Zealand .

As you travel through my web site you will see many of the people, films and places I have experienced.

Peace

AnnaSophia
Quotes:
Nothing tells more about a person than what they say, read on for some of AnnaSophia's most memorable quotes so you get a mind of the mind of this very intelligent and funny girl!


"My parents spelled my name with two Ns, which is really a disappointment. I can't believe they did that. [laughs] Because people pronounce it "Ann-uh" Sophia, not "Ah-na" Sophia. And I much prefer "Ah-na."

"Wayne Wang, the director [of my first movie], really helped me become a more mature actress. When I first started filming, I was really over the top. He just helped bring me down and make me real. That was really wonderful, a really wonderful experience."

"What I learned about filming is it takes forever. I mean, there are so many different angles and shots. I mean, it just takes forever."

"I'm kind of an urban girl. I like big cities. I like New York. I like London. I like L.A. I like people. I get lonely, really, really easily. But, I think it was good. It was very different and I think that's good."

"In the acting business, it's really nice because people give you a lot of books and go, ‘This would make a really good story, or a really good script.’ And I'm like, ‘Yes, I get to read a book!’ And it's actually like an important ‘have to do’ sort of thing. And I like that a lot."

"When I have trouble on my mind, I'll write it down and then that makes me feel better. But I don't write everything down."

"I daydream when I fall asleep or when I'm waking up in bed, just imagining things and sometimes if I have a really good idea, I'll write it down. I try to keep my imagination as alive as possible because that's what's really important, and that's how people are individuals."

"I've seen bullying, though, and I've heard things in school, you know, people paying other people to call someone fat. And it's just really crazy, mean things that you would never wish on anybody, because that's just torture, especially for a kid, just for their self-esteem."

"It's really sad, but I think for those who are out there getting bullied, bullying is just trying to push someone down to make themselves look taller."

"You can't change anyone, but you can change yourself."

"I've always wanted to go to college--I don't know what college--just to explore the world."

"And I love to help people, so I think it would be fun to do some nonprofit work. I already am doing nonprofit work, but just to try to help people."

"They asked me to sing a song for the film, which was a little intimidating. I actually tried to quit a couple times. I'm glad I did it, because it was an experience I've never done before, and stretched me, and I had a good time, and it was a fun thing."

"I kept all my [chewed] gum from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory movie. It's about as big as a softball."

"Acting is, I guess, a Terabithia for me."

This bio was writen by AnnaSophia Robb and is featured on her official site at annasophiarobb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment